Coaching Association of Canada Code of Ethics
KV Girls Softball Association, Softball NB and Softball Canada follow the Coaching Association of Canada Code of Ethics:
1. Integrity: The coach must act with integrity in performing all duties owed to athletes, the sport, other members of the coaching profession and the public.
2. Respect for the Rules: The coach must accept both the letter and the spirit of the rules that define and govern sport.
3. Competence: The coach must strive to be well prepared and current.
4. Respect for Officials: The coach must accept the role of officials in providing judgment to ensure that competitions are conducted fairly and according to the established rules.
5. Athlete’s Interest: The coach must act in the best interest of the athlete’s development as a whole person.
6. Responsibility to other coaches: The coach’s conduct toward other coaches must be characterized by courtesy, good faith and respect.
7. Personal Conduct: The coach must maintain the highest standards of personal conduct and support the principles of fair play.